Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Big Dummy's Best Friend

As you already know, I have a strong belief that bicycles are great tools to be used for a wide variety of utility purposes. I've never been into bicycle racing or fast carbon road bikes. I think that half the fun of a bike ride can be in going slowly and enjoying the sights you would always miss if you were in a car. This is why I want my next bicycle to be a folding one. I think it's the best compliment to a longtail bicycle. With an Xtracycle and a folding bike in my garage, there are few scenarios that a bike wouldn't be preferred.

I'm doing a sales presentation for class this Friday, and I chose to sell my professor the folding bike that I see myself getting somewhere down the road. The BikeFriday Tikit. I'll have some pictures of it later this week. I'm positive you can fit at least 3 of them on a Big Dummy.

Check out this short video of the "Tikit 2 Ride" in action. So Sweet!


2 comments:

  1. in the BD or your pocket :? gimme gimme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I can confirm that a BD/BF combo is a fine thing indeed. In fact I rode my BF Tikit to pick up my Big Dummy and then hauled it back.

    I also had a chance to visit Bike Friday headquarters shortly after I ordered my Tikit. I just had someone comment the other day that they bought a Tikit because of the video I made of my tour. Maybe the video will be helpful for you in your class.

    Good luck, I hope you get the Bike Friday of your dreams.

    ReplyDelete