Thursday, February 26, 2009

The First Cargo

When I got to the bike shop to pick her up, the sales guy offered to keep the old orange Trek in there so I could come back and pick it up another time. How easy it is to forget the sole purpose of a utility bike.


Once you get rolling, it only takes a few minutes to forget there's anything back there (just don't forget about the metal poking out to the side when passing parked cars). It's really amazing how I don't have to think twice about bringing anything with me for the whole day when I leave the house. I feel spoiled because I can just throw things in the freeloader bags and go. They really designed those things to easily secure a whole bunch of stuff.

I decided to hit the town the other night and pick up cardboard boxes that were destined for the garbage. Well, I actually just got them from two places I work at. Regardless, boxes are a breeze for the Big Dummy.

I've never had a bike with fenders. Bring it on slushy melty snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment