Sunday, April 18, 2010

Drums on an Xtracycle

Kev approves

After hauling the video game drum set so long ago, I decided to step it up and bring my real drums to band practice with the Big Dummy. The ride was only about 2 miles, so we weren't too worried about things going wrong. Hauling all these oddly shaped items was a little more challenging though, and I had to repack a couple of times.


By the way, I'm back to post some more regular adventures on here. I spent the winter commuting to and from Chicago on my budget winter ride, the Scattante Americano. It has gotten the job done and been a pretty fun fixed gear ride, but it feels good to finally get the Xtracycle out and have more fun.

One other fun time I had last summer was riding the Big Dummy to Chicago and back over a few days, about 35 miles one way on the route I took. It was a lot of fun going a more significant distance, and none of the streets were bad until I got to North Avenue, which I probably won't take again. One goal this year is to pack up the bike with some camping gear and go on some weekend tours. Let me know if you're interested!

2 comments:

  1. Band practice? Post some demo songs for us!

    Plus, my drums are mahogany, too. You've officially copied every element of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha we have one song: a cover of "Fake Tales of San Francisco" by Arctic Monkeys.

    What do you expect for being the neighbor who shaped my childhood?

    ReplyDelete